Welcome from the Chief of Police
Welcome to the Levelland Police Department. Our main objective is to provide a safe environment and a higher quality of life to the people who live, work, visit, or pass through the City.
To accomplish our mission, we work closely with the other members of the city government and our citizens who we serve to ensure that Levelland is the ideal city to work and raise a family in. The department is proud of the progressive and professional character of the agency. Our employees are carefully selected and well trained in the latest technology on police practices. We are always searching for new and improved ways to provide better services to the community.
I encourage you to tour our web pages to learn more about the Levelland Police Department. The Levelland Police Department is an organization of people who are dedicated to serving others and improving the quality of life for the citizens it serves.
Please feel free to contact me at (806) 894-6164 with any questions you may have about the department.
Chief Toney Cowan
- The Levelland Police Department employs 23 licensed police officers including the Chief of Police and the Assistant Chief.
- There are four patrol sergeants assigned to four separate patrol shifts.
- There are three investigators, two traffic officers, two narcotics officer, and 10 patrol officers including two school resource officers.
- The Communications Division has one dispatch supervisor, one assistant supervisor five full-time dispatchers, and one part-time employee.
- The Department has two full-time animal control officers.
- The Chief of Police has one full-time secretary.
All full-time officers must be licensed and certified by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education, the governing body for all Texas peace officers.
Chief of Police
The Chief of Police is appointed by the City Council and the remainder of the police department personnel is hired by the Chief of Police.
Hours of Operation
The Communications and Patrol Divisions operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. All officers are subject to call 24/7.