Current Main Street projects being administered by the Promotion Committee include:
- Creating and enhancing quality of life events such as Movie on the Square and the Levelland Festival of Lights and Christmas on the Square
- Promoting community by partnering with other organizations to support events such as Trunk or Treat on Main Street.
- Creating a market niche and fundraising for the Levelland Main Street Program by hosting the annual Levelland Sip & Swirl.
- Increasing retail promotion by hosting the annual Ladies Night Out, consistent social media management, website business spotlights, maintaining a downtown shopping brochure and other marketing materials.
- Promoting culture through unique activities for National Preservation Month during the month of May.
- Designing and maintaining a consistent Levelland Main Street brand across all marketing efforts.
The job of the Promotion Committee is to promote downtown as the center of commerce, culture, and community life for residents and visitors alike. Members need to be able to understand the changing market, both potential shoppers and your competition; identifying downtown assets including people, buildings, heritage, and institutions; defining Main Street’s market niche its unique position in the marketplace; and finally creating new image campaigns, retail promotions, and special events to lure people back downtown.
Current events coordinated by Sub-Committees include:
Preservation Month Activities
Levelland Sip & Swirl
Movie on the Square
Ladies Night Out
Levelland Festival of Lights & Christmas on the Square
If you are interested in serving on the Promotion Committee or any of the event Sub-Committees please feel free to contact Missy at firstname.lastname@example.org.